Templates restructured

I have restructured my templates for this site. The old ones used way too many <div>’s and <span>’s, which cluttered up the HTML — these elements are today’s equivalent of the tables in the 90’s. I decided to start from zero and only add those elements that I think are necessary. As a result, the new pages are smaller, which should make them faster for you.

To make things easier for me, I decided to use another Document Type Definition. This site is now XHTML 1.0 Strict, instead of XHTML 1.1. To me it feels a little bit like a loss, since I liked it that my site was on the forefront of web technology, but the hassle is simple too big. The biggest problem is that a lot of JavaScript won’t work, and my knowledge is not enough to fix these things myself.

I also took the opportunity to activate the TypeKey service for those people who want to use it. It is not required; I only see it as a means for showing to the readers that it was really you who wrote this comment. As an alternative you can still use OpenPGP to certify your comments.

There are still some things not going quite as I wanted to, and the quickly adjusted stylesheet makes this site look even worse than before in Internet Explorer, but I will be working on those. If you notice any strange behaviour or mistake, please let me know.

Jeroen Sangers @jeroensangers

An IndieWeb Webring 🕸💍